Friday, December 19, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas...cuz I'm already home!

Hey all, I am home! After 3 days of sitting on a plane I have made it. Things went very smoothly leaving Uganda (although the only form of security was taht a woman asked me if I had anything sharp or any weapons, I said no but when we got to Amsterdam and went through their security I ended up having scissors and another girl had 5 knives she was bringing home...oops!) We had 9 hour layover in Amsterdam so we made the most of it and went into the city. It was beautiful but so super cold! We made it into Washington D.C. about an hour late only to find they had lost one of my bags, the one with all the presents :( I was told it should arrive at my house today (Friday) so I'm praying that comes true. On the way to Phoenix I was delayed and ended up getting in about 2 hours late, not fun! Sky Harbor's computer system went down so I spend over half an hour sitting on the tarmack waiting for a spot to open up so we could park our plane and go see my family. But I am home now, I have eaten good food, taken a bath and slept a whole night in my bed! Chris comes today so once that happens I will really feel at home. Oh, and my host dad called today!! I AM A GODMOTHER!! My Godson, Christopher Daniel was born on December 17th! I just barely missed the little guy but he is here and healthy. They are all very excited about the new addition to our family. If I get pictures I will post them, I'm sure he is so super cute! As far as pictures, here are a few of my favorites. There are many to choose from considering I have over 7,000 on my computer right now!


The entire Uganda Studies Group on Trevan's BirthdayMy sweet sister Faith, she fell asleep at our farewell dinner which is totally out of her nature but so so sweet!
I met this little girl when we went to the circumcision ceremony, she was drunk on local brew but was so happy and playful, I think, other than Faith, she was the cutest kid I saw.
Another picture of Faith, wow how she has grown in 4 months, I loved her smile and laugh!
This is the waterfall we hiked to the bottom of in Sipi Falls, I don't think I can even explane how impressive it was, it was absolutely incredible!

More pictures to come! If you live in Phoenix and go to ODF, see you on Sunday! Everyone else, I can't wait to catch up although the next few weeks are super busy. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: